Lilypie - Samuel

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Aaron

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Daycare and Work

I've been back to work for just over a week now and Samuel has been in daycare equally long.  Samuel's daycare is a home daycare with a total of 6 kids - all boys - with two infants, three toddlers, and one preschooler.  The first day was tough on Mike and me because Samuel cried when Mike dropped him off (turns out he was just hungry).  Then we felt really bad and I cried a lot.  After work, I picked him up and he was happy - smiling and chattering with Ms. P.  What a relief!

The rest of the week went smoothly.  Ms. P learned that Samuel "has a short fuse" when he's hungry and does not like to have his shirt changed...something about the process of putting his arms through the holes really annoys him, so he pulls his arms up to his chest and makes it impossible to dress him.  When I walked in and saw him doing that with Ms. P, I just chuckled...nice to know he's showing off his personality :)

Friday, Ms. P said it was one of the easiest first weeks she's had with a baby.  So, we feel good about daycare...not always good about him not being with us, but at least he is in a loving environment.

As for work, it's coming back to me, but I certainly have forgetful moments all the time.  I got slammed with a few complicated cases right off the bat...no better way to get quickly refreshed than being tossed in with the sharks.  It's hard to be away from my little man for so many hours each day - I miss him a lot, but I really cherish the time I do get with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment