We are teaching Samuel about prayers and each night before bed we close our hands in prayer and say something like this, "Dear God, thank you for my mommy and my daddy. Thank you for my grandma and my grandpa, my nana and my grandpa. Thank you for Miss Phyllis and all my friends. Thank you for today. Help me to grow big and strong and to always do your work. Amen.
We knew this was impacting him when he started reaching for my hands (at first, I had to clasp my hands on his to keep him focused - now he wants me to hold his hands in prayer). Then he started saying "abed" - Samuel's version of Amen.
Two nights ago, we were sitting on the step watching Daddy paint the doors and trim for a house project and I heard Samuel start to say "Mommy Daddy Mommy Daddy." I look over and his hands are closed as though praying and I heard him saying "Mommy Daddy Mommy Daddy Gamma Gampa Gamma Gampa Happy Happy Happy." I realized that it was his simple and beautiful little prayer. Love that little boy.
Now, he has started folding his hands at dinner and saying something similar to that each night. Bless his little heart, God, and help him grow big and strong, always following your will and finding happiness everywhere he looks.


No comments:
Post a Comment