Six weeks have come and gone since the birth of our Little Man. I cannot believe how quickly time has flown by. Samuel is growing like a weed, is daily becoming more alert and interactive, and has just started smiling his so-called "Social Smile." However, I think this term is completely inappropriate because Samuel doesn't smile at Mike and me much, he smiles at things. I caught him grinning at the wall where Mike and I hang our university diplomas the other day and he smiles at his new play mat, but neither his Mommy nor Daddy get many direct smiles. It is rather elusive at this point. His natural sleep schedule is becoming more clear, but he's picking up some unpleasant nighttime habits. He has started to bat his pacifier out of his mouth with his hands, which leads him to try to suck on his fist. His lack of hand control causes him to get frustrated, wakes him completely, and he starts to cry...usually within 5 minutes of him initially falling asleep. I come in to check on him and his little eyes are WIDE OPEN. It's really annoying for a tired Mama. Anyway, here are a few of my favorite 6 week pictures.
Samuel looking cute in an outfit from Mike's coworkers
I think Samuel is a Mini-Mike, what do you think?
Samuel staring at his new "developmentally appropriate" playmat.
No comments:
Post a Comment